VACANCY - RETAIL SALES MANAGER - KENYA
MOGAS is an integrated downstream oil marketing company in East & Central Africa with business operations spanning from terminal operations to retail networks and lubrication services. MOGAS is seeking to recruit a qualified, experienced and competent professional to fill the vacant position of RETAIL SALES MANAGER - KENYA.
The Retail Sales Manager is responsible for leading, organizing, motivating and providing resources for the development and attainment of business goals and objectives for the Retail /Network channel.
Specifically, the holder of this position:
- Participates in the definition and implementation of the Retail Sales Strategy. He is responsible for the definition of the targets for the retail staff. Evaluates and monitors the performance of the retail staff to defined Retail Objectives.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Retail management system. He is responsible for ensuring that the retail management team (i.e. The Retail Territory Managers) implements and enforces the Retail Management system in the network.
- Organizes and coordinates the effort to promote company brand image and implement the MOGAS quality policy on the Retail Channel. He is responsible for ensuring that the Retail Management Team trains staff at the station, evaluates and monitor the performance of the station management and staff to promote the company brand image and provide quality services at the station.
- Participates in product pricing on the network. He is responsible for Reviewing and Setting Retail (station) prices on the network to ensure that the Retail Channel is profitable. He reviews the Cost prices Versus Competitor prices versus company margin objective.
- Reviews the profitability of Retail Channel. He is responsible for reviewing the profitability of each of the stations. This is based on the annual Revenues and Expenses per site.
- Participates in the organization of Marketing Activities on the network. He is responsible for organizing and following up the marketing activities directed to the network.
- Participates and coordinates effort towards prospecting for sites with Good potential for future investment. He is responsible for identifying the sites, analyzing the profitability, Preparation of the investment file for management approval.
- Participates in the identification, selection, and analyzing performance management of dealers. He is involved from Recruitment to termination of the dealer. Through the reports from the TMs he reviews the performance of each dealer to ensure that they meet the company objectives.
- Coordinates the effort of ensuring safety in the station. He is responsible for coordinating the effort of ensuring that the safety procedures are implemented and enforced by the TMs at the different stations in their Territories.
- Participates and Coordinates in the effort towards growing the Diversification activity. He is involved in the development and implementation of the strategy towards the Diversification activity. Through the Retail Diversification Office he is streamline the operations of the shops and a growing the revenues received from these
Knowledge, skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English language
- Previous experience in Oil and Gas preferred.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in the oil industry or in a FMCG company
- Must be computer literate
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A strong and broad-based business related degree is imperative and/or an MBA – e.g. Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Marketing and Commerce, with high level of numeric and analytical skills.
- At least 5 year experience in sales and marketing.
- Leadership and communication skills are a pre-requisite;
- A team builder and self-motivated.
- Good command of MS office
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Attach relevant certificates, CV. With at least 3 referees. Deadline 2 weeks from the date of this application
Applications from suitably qualified candidates should be submitted by:
Friday 26th May 2017 at 5.00 PM.
To: The Managing Director,
MOGAS Kenya Limited
1st Floor, Muthithi Place, Muthithi Road , Westlands,
P.O Box 27696 – 00506, Nairobi, KENYA
Or send by email to: